DoveCote

First Raid (Dragon!Stuck)

alterniashermits:

cotestuck:

"Oone sugesstioon, Belooved, since this is yoourr firrst… Noo livestoock. We’rre herre foorr the humans, and they fight dirrty in numberrs. Light and hungrry till they’rre subdued."

Tempting as it was to just ignite the whole damn thing and send him in, you wanted this to be his raid.

"Fair enough."

You stand. “Tempting as it is to give myself magical sight, it will take too much of my energy. If I do that then I won’t have any more spells. Besides, they’ll be making enough of a commotion for me to be able to identify where they are. And humans stink enough that I can track any who try to run.”

You wade out of the gold pile to pace back and forth across the stone floor. “I say we smash and set fire to the buildings to flush them out into the open… They have walls around the main town. If we block or destroy the main gates somehow, we can keep them penned in… Hmm…”

You’re just throwing out ideas right now, though her feedback is welcome. You’ll weigh possibilities once you’ve finished brainstorming.

You nod, swimming slowly though the coin pile to polish your scales against the metal. He wad a decent mind for tactical calculation for a dragon who’d never mounted a raid before. Promising…

"Keep in mind that humans tend to be superstitious and currioous. We woon’t need too flush them until they underrstand enoough oof what’s gooing oon too goo hide."

"Ssmassh the gatess, and what ever defensess they have firrst."

First Raid (Dragon!Stuck)

alterniashermits:

cotestuck:

"I wass thinking this moorrning. Make a drramatic entrrence, eat until we’rre full, haul wheteverr’s left back too the Empirre too put intoo serrvice…"

You trail off. You never really needed any more than a skeletal plan at your size and strength.

"I thoought I’d leave the details too yoou~"

"Sounds good," you say, making a mental note not to fill up on livestock. "They have a town guard, but I don’t think they can withstand an attack from the both of us at once."

You assume a more thoughtful posture. “I can cast a spell to help me ‘see’ in a sense, but the range is relatively small… Not sure what else we can do about that.”

"Oone sugesstioon, Belooved, since this is yoourr firrst… Noo livestoock. We’rre herre foorr the humans, and they fight dirrty in numberrs. Light and hungrry till they’rre subdued."

Tempting as it was to just ignite the whole damn thing and send him in, you wanted this to be his raid.

First Raid (Dragon!Stuck)

alterniashermits:

cotestuck:

Satisfied, you begin to uncurl yourself and in so doing sink into the coins. Tucking your arms and legs in, you slither in slow circles through your soft, loose hoard.

"Then hoow dooes rraiding the vilage wherre we met ssoound too yoou~?"

Your heart pounds at that and your blind eyes flash with devilish glee. How many times had you been chased away from their sheep like you were some low wild dog? Hadn’t they and their sellswords been the ones that reduced you to starving in a hole in the dirt?

Your tongue flicks briefly across your lips.

"Sounds like a dream come true," you reply. "When? And do you have any specific plan?"

"I wass thinking this moorrning. Make a drramatic entrrence, eat until we’rre full, haul wheteverr’s left back too the Empirre too put intoo serrvice…"

You trail off. You never really needed any more than a skeletal plan at your size and strength.

"I thoought I’d leave the details too yoou~"

snarkytrolls:

 

image

FOR me. EYE don’t HAVE the TIME.

Oon yoourr way too soomething moorre engaging, then?

First Raid (Dragon!Stuck)

alterniashermits:

cotestuck:

"That depends entirrely oon hoow yoou’rre feeling~" you reply with a down right nefarious grin.

"Well rrested? Enerrgetic?" Thn after a pause, you slyly add "Prrhaps hungrry? Vengeful~?"

Although you can’t see her, you mirror her smile as if you could. “I’m feeling very well-rested and energetic. And I’m always feeling vengeful.”

You rumble. “As for being hungry, well, I’m sure I will be soon.”

You think you know where she’s going with this, but you’d like her to explain herself. “Go on,” you encourage her, purring.

Satisfied, you begin to uncurl yourself and in so doing sink into the coins. Tucking your arms and legs in, you slither in slow circles through your soft, loose hoard.

"Then hoow dooes rraiding the vilage wherre we met ssoound too yoou~?"

snarkytrolls:

 

image

EYE mean.

it WOULD take WAY too LONG to EXPLAIN the SCIENCE behind IT.

Foorr which oof us?

I doon’t have too be anywhere in prticularr.

First Raid (Dragon!Stuck)

alterniashermits:

cotestuck:

You purr fondly, using your nearer wing with a little more dexterity to pull him against your side so that you could cuddle with him now that he was awake.

"Hmmm? Noo, prrecioous, yoou didn’t wake me." you assure him, nuzzling along he elegant curve of his neck.

"I’ve been plotting~"

You snuggle into her warm body without resistance as her wing gently pulls you in. You arch your neck as her face passes along it, purring happily at her reassurance. You’d probably feel bad if you’d woken her up.

"Plotting?" you ask with no shortage of curiosity or excitement. "What sort of plot? Is it the kind you’ll let me in on?"

"That depends entirrely oon hoow yoou’rre feeling~" you reply with a down right nefarious grin.

"Well rrested? Enerrgetic?" Thn after a pause, you slyly add "Prrhaps hungrry? Vengeful~?"

snarkytrolls:

image

WHY the HELL did EYE go FOR a WALK?

eye HATE walks.

EYE only LIKE enthusiastic WALKS.

What coounts as an enthusiastic walk?

shamelessfancies:

cotestuck:

Fate only knew how long you’d been out. Hours at least, but with very little light and a frankly piss poor internal clock, it could have been nights for all you knew…

No, that wasn’t right. Shalez’ scent wasn’t that stale yet. A night at most.

Slowly, you stretch and yawn, taking your time to get your bearings before making any attempt to creep about the burrow. Your host had been gracious enough to tell you where you were allowed to be, but you were almost phobic of exploring another troll’s hive by yourself and not entirely certain his lusus agreed with him about where you were permitted to be.

Well… probably best to ask her.

You grew more mobile, rustling and chittering softly, half to yourself, but mostly to alert her that you were awake.

There is a loud shifting, and loud grinding of teeth in response, followed by a gentle, calm bruxing as the lusus stretched and investigated, shoving its snout not so ceremoniously at her. After a long sniff, the lusus makes almost a humming noises, its large body swaying as it turns to go back to the wigglers in the other room.

Another, more louder noise erupts from the hall, the sound of someone tripping and warbling. There is no question who that is, Shalez huffing in the doorway as he makes his appearance.

"SSorri…Y got off work and Kovany pycked me up and Y told hym Y wanted to vyssyt Den Momma and uh…ieah."

You chirp, startled by the sudden very close proximity of the much bigger creature’s muzzle. Though your senses alerted you to her presence, you were uncomfortable with the unaccustomed blindness and it showed a little more than you intended. 

Raising your hands to our chest and tilting yopur chin submissively skyward, you return the gentler bruxing and then lean forward to touch noses while she sniffes your face

You would likely have followed her had you host not returned at exactly that moment, loud enough to hurt your more sensitive ears a bit. You manage not to peep again, but when you turn to face him i’s clear that it’s your ears rather than your eyes by which you’ve located his face.

There is no reflection in your massive pupils when you turn to look at him.

"He wasn’t distrressed by the rre-coo-est, then?" you ask hopefully. Asking permission for one brief visit was not the same as asking to make a habit of it, but perhaps it would prove a decent indicator.

You sit up and make space for him, purring contentedly.

"Hoow was woorrk?" You don’t smell blood, and it didn’t sound as if he was limping, so you assumed at least not awful.